Whether you’re heading out on a camping trip or spending the day at the beach, showering outdoors can be a refreshing and invigorating experience. However, finding a private and convenient space to shower can be a challenge. That’s where shower tents come in! In this comprehensive guide, we’ll explore everything you need to know about shower tents, including the different types available, top brands, care and maintenance tips, and more. So whether you’re a seasoned camper or a beachgoer looking for a quick rinse, read on to discover the benefits of shower tents and find the perfect one for your needs.
This Wolfwise shower tent is made of polyester and features 50+ protection. There is plenty of privacy all around, as well as being extremely spacious on the inside. One of the biggest selling points is the ability to set up and take down in seconds, which makes this a must-have. It comes with a rain cover as well, so you can shower in any weather.
- Easy to set up
- Plenty of room
- Dual use as shower or bathroom
- Can be difficult to fold
- UPF 50 Resistance
- 4.5 LBS
- 47.2" L x 47.2" W x 74.8" H
With this shower tent, you get anti-tear polyester, for years of use. Being UPF 30+ also means that the sun won't damage it as easily also. It's compatible with nearly all solar showers, and is the right amount of space for anyone! Included sewn in, are little pockets to hold valuables or shampoo. While being a very basic tent shower, we feel the value is extreme. It also sets up in seconds as well.
- Zipper window
- Weighs only 4.5 LBS making it ultra portable
- Very roomy
- Can come with a chemical smell
- UPF 30+
- Compatible with most solar showers
- Sewn in pockets
- 47.2" L x 47.2" W x 74.8" H
Easy Go's shower tent is one of the more unique ones that we came across. It features 2 separate rooms, which is rare on a shower tent, and even more so for a tent that can be assembled in just 1 minute. Furthermore, there is so much value packed into this one shower tent including, portability, durability, quality, and usefulness. Its high-quality design and ease of use are fantastic. You can use it for other events as well, or make one side a shower and the other a bathroom. This shower tent does it all!
- Two wide openings
- Windows for ventilation
- Instant pop up
- Really needs to be staked down in higher winds
- 7.5' Tall x 4' Deep x 7.5' Wide
- 2 Room
G4Free's multifunctional shower tent will serve you for years due to its high-quality parts and fabric. Featuring plenty of privacy as well as an ease of setup. You get tremendous value out of this shower tent right away. In addition, this shower tent includes compartments for smaller items, as well as ventilation all around. Furthermore, a rain fly cover is also included, should you run into in-climate weather.
- High quality
- 2 Mesh windows allows ventilation inside
- 2 Mesh pockets for plenty of storage
- Challenging to set up solo compared to others
- 47.2" L x 47.2" W x 86.6" H
- 4.5 LBS
- Frame is sturdy enough to hold 4 gallons of water
With more room than most single tents we have seen, it's easy to say this is one of the most luxurious shower tents by far. Doing all that other shower tents do, and more, this highly durable, easy-setup tent would be a great addition to any campers arsenal. Many pockets line the inside without making it feel cramped. And with over-ventilation throughout, you will have no problem with airflow.
- Comes with sandbags and stakes
- Made with 300D material
- Stakes need to be secured deeply to avoid sway
- Made in USA
On the hunt for an oversized shower tent? Check out Kingcamps, it's nearly double the size of most single-person shower tents! With a mesh roof and two side vent windows, you will have plenty of airflow throughout. While not a pop-up, this durable shower tent goes together with the main poles and goes together rather quickly. In the end, it's worth it due to the massive amount of clean space you now have.
- Very sturdy
- Tons of airflow to prevent condensation
- Carry bag to keep it all in
- Floor will tend to fade and rip
- 4 Season design
- 1 large room
- Carry bag
- 12.5 LBS
If you're looking for a product that can last a lifetime, this may be it. Extra stitching in the zippers and seams makes this tent rigid. The ease of setup and take down makes it that much better. Lastly, the multifunctionality of this tent, combined with its high durability makes this a must-have for any camper.
- Feels very roomy
- Can tell the quality zippers and fabric
- Mesh vents at top to allow evaporation
- Wish they had a double wide size
- 1 Person
- 5.5 LBS
- Pop UP
When it comes to buying the best shower tent, there are several factors to consider, including:
- Size and Capacity: Consider the number of people who will use the shower tent and the amount of space needed. Shower tents come in different sizes, so choose one that can accommodate your needs.
- Material Quality: Choose a shower tent made of high-quality materials that are water-resistant, durable, and UV-resistant to ensure long-term use.
- Ease of Setup: Select a shower tent that is easy to set up and take down. Look for features such as pop-up or instant set up and a clear set of instructions.
- Ventilation: Ventilation is important to prevent the build-up of moisture and humidity inside the shower tent. Look for tents with mesh windows or vents that provide adequate airflow.
- Privacy: Privacy is crucial when using a shower tent. Look for tents with zippered doors, windows, and removable floors to ensure maximum privacy.
- Portability: Portability is essential for a shower tent, especially when camping or hiking. Choose a shower tent that is lightweight, easy to pack, and comes with a carrying bag.
- Price: Shower tents come in different price ranges. Consider your budget and choose a tent that offers the features you need at a reasonable price.
- Brand Reputation: Finally, consider the reputation of the brand. Research the brand’s customer service, warranty, and product reviews to ensure that you are buying from a reputable brand that stands behind its product.
By considering these factors, you can choose the best shower tent that meets your needs, preferences, and budget.
Types of Shower Tents
There are several types of shower tents available in the market. Here are some of the most common types:
- Pop-up Shower Tents: Pop-up shower tents are the easiest to set up as they can be assembled in just a few seconds. They come with a pre-attached frame that pops open when you unpack the tent.
- Instant Shower Tents: Instant shower tents are similar to pop-up shower tents but are slightly more complicated to set up. They usually come with poles that need to be attached to the tent to hold it up.
- Privacy Shower Tents: Privacy shower tents are designed to provide maximum privacy when taking a shower. They come with solid walls and zippered doors that ensure complete privacy.
- Portable Shower Tents: Portable shower tents are lightweight and easy to carry, making them ideal for camping, hiking, or other outdoor activities. They are designed to be easily packed and carried in a backpack.
- Camping Shower Tents: Camping shower tents are larger than other types of shower tents and are designed to accommodate more people. They often come with additional features such as hanging hooks for towels and clothes.
- DIY Shower Tents: DIY shower tents are designed to be made at home using simple materials such as PVC pipes, tarps, and shower curtains. They are a cost-effective alternative to buying a shower tent, but require some effort and skill to assemble.
By understanding the different types of shower tents available, you can choose the one that best suits your needs and preferences.
There are several top brands that manufacture high-quality shower tents. Here are some of the most popular brands:
- Coleman: Coleman is a well-known brand that produces a wide range of outdoor products, including shower tents. Their shower tents are known for their high-quality materials, easy setup, and durability.
- Ozark Trail: Ozark Trail is another popular brand that offers a range of camping gear, including shower tents. Their shower tents are known for their affordability, portability, and sturdy construction.
- CORE Equipment: CORE Equipment is a brand that specializes in outdoor equipment, including shower tents. Their shower tents are known for their innovative design, durability, and easy setup.
- WolfWise: WolfWise is a relatively new brand that specializes in outdoor products, including shower tents. Their shower tents are known for their high-quality materials, lightweight design, and portability.
- Nemo Helio: Nemo Helio is a brand that produces a range of camping gear, including shower tents. Their shower tents are known for their innovative design, compact size, and easy-to-use foot pump system.
- GigaTent: GigaTent is a brand that specializes in outdoor gear, including shower tents. Their shower tents are known for their affordability, durability, and easy setup.
- Texsport: Texsport is a brand that produces a range of outdoor equipment, including shower tents. Their shower tents are known for their high-quality materials, spacious design, and easy-to-use features.
By choosing a shower tent from one of these top brands, you can be assured of high-quality construction, durability, and ease of use.
Cheap vs Expensive
When it comes to buying a shower tent, there are both cheap and expensive options available in the market. Here are some pros and cons of choosing a cheap or expensive shower tent:
Cheap Shower Tents:
- Affordable price
- May be suitable for occasional or short-term use
- Lightweight and easy to carry
- May offer basic features such as privacy and ventilation
- May be made of lower quality materials that can tear or leak
- May not be durable enough for long-term use
- May have limited features and functionality
- May not offer adequate privacy or ventilation
Expensive Shower Tents:
- High-quality construction and materials that are durable and long-lasting
- Advanced features such as multiple rooms, hot water system, or solar-powered lights
- Greater privacy and ventilation options
- Can withstand harsh weather conditions
- Higher cost
- May be heavier and more difficult to carry
- May have a steeper learning curve for setup and use
- May have more features than necessary for occasional use
Ultimately, the decision to choose a cheap or expensive shower tent depends on your needs, preferences, and budget. If you plan to use the shower tent frequently and in harsh weather conditions, investing in a higher-quality, more expensive tent may be worth it. However, if you only need a shower tent for occasional use, a more affordable option may suffice.
Care and Maintenance
Proper care and maintenance of your shower tent can help prolong its life and ensure that it continues to function properly. Here are some tips for caring for and maintaining your shower tent:
- Clean the tent regularly: After each use, clean the tent using a mild soap and water solution. Rinse thoroughly and allow to air dry before storing.
- Dry the tent completely: Before storing the tent, make sure it is completely dry to prevent mold and mildew from developing.
- Store the tent properly: Store the tent in a dry and cool place, away from direct sunlight. Do not store the tent in a damp or humid area.
- Protect the tent from the elements: During use, protect the tent from direct sunlight, rain, and wind to prevent damage to the tent material.
- Check for damages: Before and after each use, inspect the tent for any damages such as tears, holes, or broken zippers. Repair any damages immediately to prevent them from getting worse.
- Use a groundsheet: To protect the tent floor from wear and tear, use a groundsheet or tarp underneath the tent.
- Avoid using harsh chemicals: Do not use harsh chemicals, such as bleach or detergents, to clean the tent as they can damage the tent material.
By following these care and maintenance tips, you can ensure that your shower tent remains in good condition and functions properly for years to come.
Tips and Tricks
Here are some tips and tricks to make the most out of your shower tent:
- Practice setting up the tent before your trip: Setting up a shower tent can be tricky, especially if you’re doing it for the first time. Practice setting up the tent in your backyard or living room before your trip to avoid any surprises on the day of your trip.
- Use a solar shower bag: If you don’t have access to a hot water source, use a solar shower bag. Simply fill the bag with water and let it sit in the sun for a few hours. The sun’s rays will heat up the water, giving you a warm shower.
- Bring a shower mat: To avoid getting dirt and mud on your feet, bring a shower mat to use inside the tent. This will also help keep the tent floor clean.
- Use a portable shower head: If your shower tent doesn’t come with a shower head, consider bringing a portable one. These are easy to attach to a water source and can make showering more comfortable.
- Hang a towel and clothesline: To keep your towel and clothes dry and within reach, hang a towel and clothesline inside the tent. This will also help keep the tent organized.
- Bring a shower caddy: To keep your toiletries organized and within reach, bring a shower caddy. This will also make it easier to pack up your things after your shower.
- Use a battery-powered fan: To improve ventilation and reduce humidity inside the tent, use a battery-powered fan. This will also help prevent mold and mildew from developing.
By following these tips and tricks, you can make showering in a shower tent more comfortable and enjoyable.
Alternatives to Shower Tents
If you’re looking for alternatives to shower tents, here are some options:
- Solar showers: A solar shower is a portable bag that you fill with water and leave in the sun to heat up. Once heated, you can hang the bag from a tree or other structure and use it for a shower. Solar showers are lightweight and easy to use, and they don’t require a separate tent for privacy.
- Portable camping showers: Portable camping showers are similar to shower tents but typically come in the form of a small, compact device that you can easily carry with you on camping trips. These devices usually include a water pump and showerhead, and they can be powered by battery or a 12V car charger.
- Campsite shower facilities: Many campsites have shower facilities available for campers to use. These facilities often have multiple shower stalls with hot water, so you can enjoy a comfortable shower without having to bring your own shower tent or equipment.
- Swimming in natural water bodies: If you’re camping near a natural water source, such as a lake or river, you can take a swim to clean off. Just make sure to check the water conditions and safety information before entering the water.
- Wet wipes: Wet wipes can be a convenient alternative to showers when you don’t have access to shower facilities or equipment. They can help you clean off dirt and sweat and feel refreshed.
These are just a few alternatives to shower tents. Ultimately, the option you choose will depend on your personal preferences and the camping conditions you’ll be facing.
Benefits of Shower Tents
There are several benefits to using a shower tent:
- Privacy: One of the main benefits of a shower tent is that it provides privacy. This is particularly important when camping in public or shared areas where there may not be any private bathing facilities available.
- Convenience: A shower tent allows you to take a shower wherever you are, without having to rely on public showers or other facilities. This can be especially convenient for extended camping trips or backpacking adventures where access to showers may be limited.
- Hygiene: A shower tent helps to maintain hygiene by providing a clean and private space for showering. This can help reduce the risk of infection or illness, particularly in shared camping areas.
- Comfort: Shower tents can be equipped with features such as ventilation, hooks for towels and clothes, and a showerhead, making showering more comfortable and convenient.
- Flexibility: Shower tents can be used for other purposes beyond just showering. They can also be used as a changing room, a private toilet area, or a storage space for camping gear.
- Protection: Shower tents provide protection from the elements, including rain, wind, and insects. This can make showering more comfortable and enjoyable, even in inclement weather.
Overall, shower tents are a versatile and convenient addition to any camping trip, providing privacy, hygiene, and comfort while on the go.
Meet Nic Armitage, a devoted outdoors enthusiast with an insatiable love for fishing, boating, and a wide range of adventurous activities. His passion for the great outdoors knows no bounds. Nic is your trusted guide into the world of nature, sharing his experiences and expertise on the Shaman Mountain Sports and Outdoors Blog.