If you’re looking to take your skateboarding skills to the next level, having the right wheels and trucks is crucial. The right setup can enhance your performance, speed, and control. But with so many options on the market, it can be overwhelming to choose the best skateboard wheels and trucks for your needs. That’s why we’ve compiled a list of the top picks and expert tips to help you make an informed decision and take your skating to the next level. From different types of wheels to the pros and cons of different brands, we’ve got you covered. So, let’s dive in and find your perfect setup.
When it comes to skateboarding, having the right wheels and trucks can make all the difference in your performance and overall experience. Here are some key factors to consider when choosing skateboard wheels and trucks:
Skateboard wheels come in a variety of sizes, shapes, and hardness levels. The right wheels for you will depend on your skating style, preferences, and the terrain you’ll be skating on.
- Size: The size of your skateboard wheels affects how quickly you can accelerate and how smoothly you can ride. Smaller wheels are lighter and faster, while larger wheels provide more stability and are better for cruising.
- Shape: Skateboard wheels come in a variety of shapes, including round, conical, and square. Different shapes can affect how your board rides and the amount of grip and control you have.
- Hardness: Skateboard wheels are measured in a durometer, which refers to their hardness. Softer wheels (measured between 78a and 87a) are better for cruising and street skating, while harder wheels (measured between 95a and 101a) are better for tricks and skate parks.
Skateboard trucks are the metal T-shaped components that connect your wheels to your skateboard deck. They also come in different sizes and styles to fit your preferences and needs.
- Size: The size of your skateboard trucks should match the width of your skateboard deck. Most skateboard trucks are available in widths between 5.0 inches and 8.5 inches.
- Height: The height of your skateboard trucks affects how close your board is to the ground. Lower trucks provide more stability and control, while higher trucks are better for carving and cruising.
- Bushings: Bushings are the small rubber cushions that sit between your skateboard truck’s baseplate and hanger. They affect how your skateboard turns and can be adjusted to fit your preferences.
When choosing skateboard wheels and trucks, it’s important to consider your skating style, preferences, and the type of terrain you’ll be skating on. By selecting the right wheels and trucks for you, you can improve your performance, control, and overall skating experience.
Types of Skateboard Wheels and Trucks
Skateboard wheels and trucks come in a variety of types and styles to fit your skating preferences and needs. Here are some of the most common types of skateboard wheels and trucks:
Types of Skateboard Wheels
- Soft Wheels: Soft skateboard wheels (measured between 78a and 87a) are made of softer urethane and provide a smoother ride. They’re better for cruising and street skating, as they absorb shock and provide a better grip on rough terrain.
- Hard Wheels: Hard skateboard wheels (measured between 95a and 101a) are made of harder urethane and provide a faster ride. They’re better for tricks and skate parks, as they provide more speed and slide more easily on smooth surfaces.
- Cruiser Wheels: Cruiser skateboard wheels are larger and softer than regular wheels and are designed for cruising and transportation. They’re typically between 60mm and 70mm in size and have a lower durometer rating (around 78a).
- Street Wheels: Street skateboard wheels are smaller and harder than regular wheels and are designed for street skating and technical tricks. They’re typically between 50mm and 54mm in size and have a higher durometer rating (around 99a).
Types of Skateboard Trucks
- Standard Trucks: Standard skateboard trucks are the most common type of truck and are suitable for most types of skating. They’re designed to be versatile and are available in a variety of sizes and styles to fit your preferences.
- Low Trucks: Low skateboard trucks sit closer to the ground and provide more stability and control. They’re better for cruising, carving, and sliding, as they allow you to turn more easily.
- High Trucks: High skateboard trucks sit higher off the ground and are better for carving and cruising. They provide more clearance for larger wheels and can handle rough terrain more easily.
- Reverse Kingpin Trucks: Reverse kingpin skateboard trucks have a wider baseplate and a different angle than standard trucks, which provides more stability and control. They’re better for longboarding, cruising, and downhill skating, as they allow you to turn more easily at higher speeds.
By understanding the different types of skateboard wheels and trucks available, you can select the best options for your skating style, preferences, and needs. Whether you’re cruising, street skating, or hitting the skate park, there’s a set of wheels and trucks that can help you achieve your goals.
Top Picks for Best Skateboard Wheels and Trucks
Do you want a smooth, fast, and durable ride? Look no further than the FREEDARE 52mm 92A PU Skateboard Wheels! These top-quality wheels are perfect for beginners and experienced riders alike. Made of durable PU material, they are designed to slide fast and smooth, with a grippy edge that helps you stay in control when going downhill. They also come with high-quality bearings and spacers, making them ideal for street tricks and freestyle skating. So whether you're just starting out or you're looking to take your skating to the next level, the FREEDARE 52mm 92A PU Skateboard Wheels are a perfect choice.
Freedare skateboard wheels and trucks set is the perfect way to get started skating. The 52mm wheels are perfect for street skating and the 129mm trucks are great for doing tricks. The set comes with everything you need to get started, including shock absorbers, bushings, and hardware. The bearings are already installed on the wheels, so you can start skating right away. The lightweight of the wheels and trucks makes them ideal for freestyle skaters who want to do tricks. With this set, you'll be skating like a pro in no time!
Whether you're just starting out or you're a seasoned vet, you know that a good set of skateboard trucks is essential. CCS Skateboard Trucks Mounting Hardware is designed for durability and performance, so you can keep skating without worry. Made from quality components, our trucks are built to last. The steel base plate is sturdy and the high rebound bushings provide smooth, controlled turns. The no-slip kingpin keeps your trucks in place, while the 1" Phillips hardware makes mounting a breeze. If you're looking for a trusty set of skateboard trucks that won't let you down, look no further than CCS Skateboard Trucks Mounting Hardware. Be sure to pick up a set of these quality skateboard trucks today!
Looking for a great set of wheels at a good price? Spitfire has you covered with their Bighead 52mm Wheels. Made with quality and durability in mind, these wheels are classics for a reason - skaters love them. Plus, they're 100% authentic and approved by skaters everywhere - so you know they'll perform well too!
Introducing the AXDT Skateboard Wheels, Trucks, and Bearings Kit! This comprehensive kit comes with everything you need to get rolling, including a 7.5-inch truck, 52mm wheels, ABEC-9 bearings, and more. The trucks are made of durable magnesium-aluminum alloy and are die-cast for precision and strength, while the 100a hardness PU infusion molded wheels will never crack. And don't worry about slipping - the high rebound will keep you steady on your feet. So go ahead - take your pick of this versatile skateboard kit and hit the streets!
These FREEDARE 60mm Skateboard Wheels with Bearings are perfect for beginners! They're made with 83A hardness PU material that is durable and stable. The blue cores are wrapped in PU high-grade urethane, making them slide fast and smooth on skate park terrain - while also providing a grippy edge for street skating.
Looking to put together a brand-new longboard or simply replace some parts on your current one? Yocaher has you covered with their Longboard Skateboard Wheels and Trucks Combo Set. This set comes with everything you need to get your longboard up and running, including trucks and wheels in either polished silver or black. You can also choose from a variety of wheel colors, including transparent and opaque options. Plus, the set comes with Ritalin Abec-9 Chrome Skateboard Bearings for a smooth ride. So why wait? Get out there and start cruising with Yocaher today!
Want a longboard or skateboard that is easy to turn and maneuver, the Gullwing Sidewinders are definitely the trucks for you. Featuring a 'double kingpin' setup, these trucks can steer far more than regular trucks, making them great for carving and generating momentum through turning or pumping. With a 159mm hanger and 9" axle, these trucks are also built to last. So if you're looking for a great ride that is easy to control, the Gullwing Sidewinders are a perfect choice.
Take your longboarding to new heights with Shark Wheels. These innovative 72mm wheels were designed for a smooth, fast ride on all surfaces. With less friction than traditional skateboard wheels, Shark Wheels offer more speed, range, and comfort. And with 57% more grip and control, you can take on any curve or terrain with ease. Whether you're cruising down the backroads or skating at the park, Shark Wheels will revolutionize your longboarding experience. Don't miss out - order your set today!
Looking for a complete skateboard trucks and wheels set that's perfect for beginners? Look no further than the Jizmo Skateboard Wheels and Trucks Combo Starter Set! This set comes with everything you need to build an entry-level skateboard, including 2 trucks, 4 wheels, high precision ABEC-11 bearings, a T-tool, riser pads, and standard hardware. With this set, you can easily build an entry-level skateboard that will last you for many years to come.
Finding a good all-purpose skateboard wheel and truck combo can be tough, but luckily, VJ has you covered with their 52 mm Skateboard Wheels and Trucks Set. This set includes everything you need to get started, including skateboard trucks. wheels, bearings, risers pads, and spacers. The wheels are durometer 99a, which makes them easy to get off the ground, and they're perfect for beginners who want to learn tricks and get around easily. Plus, the great price makes this set an unbeatable value. So don't wait any longer - grab this set and start skating today!
Care and Maintenance
Proper care and maintenance of your skateboard wheels and trucks is important to keep them in good condition and extend their lifespan. Here are some tips for taking care of your skateboard wheels and trucks:
- Keep them clean: Skateboard wheels and trucks can collect dirt and debris from the ground, which can affect their performance and lifespan. To keep them clean, wipe them down with a damp cloth after each use.
- Check for damage: Regularly inspect your skateboard wheels and trucks for signs of damage or wear. Look for cracks, chips, or deformities in the wheels, and check the trucks for loose or worn components.
- Tighten loose hardware: Skateboard trucks have several bolts and nuts that hold them together. Regularly check to make sure these are tight and secure, and tighten them as needed.
- Rotate your wheels: Rotating your skateboard wheels regularly can help distribute wear evenly and extend their lifespan. To do this, switch the position of the wheels on your skateboard every few weeks.
- Replace worn components: If you notice any worn or damaged components on your skateboard wheels or trucks, replace them as soon as possible. This can help prevent further damage and keep your skateboard safe to ride.
- Store them properly: When not in use, store your skateboard in a dry, cool place away from direct sunlight. This can help prevent damage to the wheels and trucks from exposure to moisture or heat.
By taking care of your skateboard wheels and trucks, you can ensure they perform well and last longer. Regular maintenance and inspections can also help prevent accidents and keep you safe while riding.
Tips and Tricks
If you’re looking to improve your skating skills or enhance your experience on a skateboard, here are some tips and tricks to try with your wheels and trucks:
- Experiment with different wheels and trucks: Try out different types of skateboard wheels and trucks to find the ones that best suit your skating style and preferences. You may find that softer wheels provide a smoother ride, or that reverse kingpin trucks offer better stability at high speeds.
- Adjust your trucks for better control: Adjusting your skateboard trucks can change the way your board turns and feels. Tightening your trucks can provide more stability and control while loosening them can make your board more maneuverable and easier to turn.
- Learn to slide: Sliding is a key skill for street and park skating and can help you control your speed and direction. Practice sliding with your skateboard wheels by turning your board slightly and shifting your weight to the side.
- Try different wheel sizes: Different wheel sizes can affect your skateboard’s performance and feel. Larger wheels are better for cruising and transportation, while smaller wheels are better for technical tricks and street skating.
- Practice balance and stability: Good balance and stability are essential for all types of skating. Practice balancing on your skateboard with both feet on the board, and try standing on one foot while rolling.
- Ride different terrains: Riding on different types of terrain, such as asphalt, concrete, or wood, can help improve your skating skills and adaptability. Try practicing on different surfaces to develop your skills and confidence.
By trying out these tips and tricks with your skateboard wheels and trucks, you can improve your skating abilities and enjoy new experiences on your board. Remember to always wear proper safety gear and ride within your abilities to stay safe while skating.
Cheap vs Expensive
When shopping for skateboard wheels and trucks, you may notice a wide range of prices. While it may be tempting to go for the cheapest options, it’s important to consider the differences between cheap and expensive skateboard wheels and trucks.
Cheap Skateboard Wheels and Trucks
Cheap skateboard wheels and trucks are often made with lower-quality materials and may not be as durable as more expensive options. They may also have less precision and consistency in their manufacturing, which can affect their performance and feel.
However, cheap skateboard wheels and trucks can be a good option for beginners or those on a tight budget. They can still be functional and provide a decent skating experience, especially for those who are just starting out or using their skateboard for transportation.
Expensive Skateboard Wheels and Trucks
Expensive skateboard wheels and trucks are often made with higher-quality materials and are designed to provide superior performance and durability. They may have more precise machining and construction, which can result in a more consistent and reliable skating experience.
Additionally, expensive skateboard wheels and trucks often come from reputable brands with a history of innovation and quality. This means that you can trust that you’re getting a high-quality product that is backed by the brand’s reputation.
While more expensive, high-quality skateboard wheels and trucks can be a good investment for experienced skateboarders who are looking for superior performance and durability. They can help enhance your skating experience and provide a higher level of control and precision.
Ultimately, the decision between cheap and expensive skateboard wheels and trucks comes down to your individual needs and preferences. Consider your skill level, skating goals, and budget when making your decision, and be sure to choose a product that meets your needs while also fitting your budget.
When it comes to skateboard wheels and trucks, there are many brands to choose from. Here are some of the top brands in the industry:
- Independent Trucks: Independent Trucks is one of the most popular brands for skateboard trucks. Known for their durability and precision, Independent Trucks are a favorite among professional and amateur skateboarders alike.
- Bones Wheels: Bones Wheels is a well-respected brand for skateboard wheels. They offer a variety of wheel sizes and shapes and are known for their high-quality materials and performance.
- Thunder Trucks: Thunder Trucks is another popular brand for skateboard trucks. They offer a range of sizes and styles and are known for their responsive and stable performance.
- Spitfire Wheels: Spitfire Wheels is a top brand for skateboard wheels, offering a range of sizes and shapes for different types of skating. Their wheels are known for their smooth ride and long-lasting durability.
- Venture Trucks: Venture Trucks is a well-known brand for skateboard trucks, offering a range of sizes and styles for different types of skating. They are known for their lightweight and responsive performance.
- Ricta Wheels: Ricta Wheels is a popular brand of skateboard wheels, offering a range of sizes and shapes for different types of skating. Their wheels are known for their fast and smooth ride and are often used by professional skateboarders.
- Krux Trucks: Krux Trucks is a popular brand for skateboard trucks, known for their innovative designs and lightweight construction. They offer a variety of styles and sizes and are a favorite among many skateboarders.
These are just a few of the many top brands for skateboard wheels and trucks. When choosing a brand, consider its reputation for quality and performance, as well as its product range and pricing. Ultimately, the best brand for you will depend on your individual needs and preferences.
Pros and Cons of Skateboard Wheels and Trucks
Skateboard wheels and trucks are essential components of a skateboard and play a significant role in determining the overall skating experience. Here are some of the pros and cons of skateboard wheels and trucks:
- Customizable: Skateboard wheels and trucks can be customized to suit individual preferences, including size, shape, and hardness.
- Enhance Performance: High-quality skateboard wheels and trucks can improve the overall performance of the skateboard, providing greater control, stability, and precision.
- Durability: High-quality skateboard wheels and trucks are designed to be durable, providing long-lasting performance even with heavy use.
- Variety: Skateboard wheels and trucks come in a variety of shapes, sizes, and materials, allowing for a wide range of customization options.
- Cost: High-quality skateboard wheels and trucks can be expensive, making them a significant investment for some skateboarders.
- Maintenance: Skateboard wheels and trucks require regular maintenance, including cleaning and tightening bolts, to ensure optimal performance.
- Skill Level: Some skateboard wheels and trucks may be more suitable for experienced skateboarders, making it difficult for beginners to find the right fit.
- Wear and Tear: Skateboard wheels and trucks can wear down over time, requiring replacement, which can be costly.
Ultimately, the decision to invest in high-quality skateboard wheels and trucks depends on individual needs and preferences. While they can be expensive and require maintenance, they offer significant benefits in terms of performance and customization options. However, beginners or those on a budget may find that lower-quality options are more suitable for their needs.