If you’re tired of the hassle and maintenance of gas-powered lawn mowers, a corded electric lawn mower might be the perfect solution for you. Not only are they eco-friendly, but they’re also more budget-friendly and easier to use than gas-powered mowers. With so many options on the market, it can be overwhelming to choose the right one for your needs. That’s why we’ve put together this guide to help you find the best corded electric lawn mower for your lawn care needs. In this post, we’ll take a closer look at the benefits of using corded lawnmowers, the key features to consider when shopping for one, and some of the best options on the market. Whether you have a small or large lawn, hilly or flat terrain, there’s an electric mower out there that’s perfect for you.
When choosing the best corded electric lawn mower for your needs, consider the following factors:
- Lawn Size: Corded electric lawn mowers are ideal for small to medium-sized lawns (typically up to 1/3 acre). If you have a larger lawn, you may want to consider a gas-powered or cordless electric lawn mower.
- Cutting Width: The cutting width of the lawn mower determines how much grass it can cut in one pass. Look for a cutting width of at least 18 inches for more efficient mowing.
- Cutting Height Adjustment: A good corded electric lawn mower should have an easy-to-use height adjustment mechanism that allows you to customize the cutting height to your desired level.
- Mulching Capability: Some corded electric lawn mowers come with a mulching feature that chops up the grass into fine pieces and spreads them over the lawn as a natural fertilizer.
- Bagging Capacity: If you prefer to collect the clippings rather than mulching, look for a lawn mower with a large bagging capacity. A bagging capacity of at least 1.5 bushels is recommended.
- Weight and Maneuverability: Corded electric lawn mowers are generally lighter and easier to maneuver than gas-powered mowers. Look for a mower that is easy to push and turn.
- Noise Level: Corded electric lawn mowers are generally quieter than gas-powered mowers, but some models may still produce some noise. Look for a mower with a low noise level if this is important to you.
- Safety Features: Look for safety features such as a blade brake that stops the blade from spinning when the mower is not in use, and a safety switch that prevents the mower from starting accidentally.
- Brand and Model: Consider the reputation and reliability of the brand and model you are considering. Look for customer reviews and ratings to help you make an informed decision.
By considering these factors, you can choose the best corded electric lawn mower for your needs and make mowing your lawn a breeze.
Types of Corded Electric Lawn Mowers
There are several types of corded electric lawn mowers, each with their own features and benefits. Here are some of the most common types:
- Push Mowers: Push mowers are the most basic type of lawn mower and require you to manually push them across your lawn. They are lightweight and easy to maneuver, making them ideal for small lawns.
- Self-Propelled Mowers: Self-propelled mowers have a motor that powers the wheels, making them easier to push and maneuver than push mowers. They are ideal for larger lawns or for those who prefer not to exert too much physical effort.
- Corded Electric Lawn Mowers for Small Lawns: These mowers are designed for small lawns and typically have a cutting width of 14-16 inches. They are lightweight and easy to maneuver, making them ideal for smaller lawns with tight spaces.
- Corded Electric Lawn Mowers for Large Lawns: These mowers are designed for larger lawns and typically have a cutting width of 18-20 inches. They are more powerful and have larger cutting decks, making them ideal for larger lawns with open spaces.
- 3-in-1 Lawn Mowers: These mowers are versatile and can be used for mulching, bagging, or side discharge. They have adjustable cutting heights and are suitable for both small and large lawns.
Overall, the type of corded electric lawn mower you choose will depend on the size of your lawn and your personal preferences. Consider your lawn size and terrain, as well as the features and benefits of each type, before making your decision.
Top Picks for Best Corded Electric Lawn Mowers
BLACK+DECKER Lawn Mower Corded, 13-Amp
The BLACK+DECKER corded electric lawn mower is an excellent choice for those seeking a powerful and reliable machine to keep their lawn looking pristine. With its user-friendly design, you'll find it effortless to operate, freeing up more time to enjoy your hobbies or spend quality time with your loved ones. Additionally, the 14-gallon catch bag is a great feature that helps collect grass clippings and leaves, leaving your lawn neat and tidy. The sturdy steel deck is another noteworthy attribute that enhances the mower's durability, ensuring that it lasts for years to come. So, if you're looking for a dependable, efficient, and long-lasting lawn mower that makes lawn care a breeze, the BLACK+DECKER corded electric lawn mower is an excellent investment.
- Deck allows easy cutting near posts and fences
- Tool free height adjustment
- Durable catch bag
- Unclear instructions
- 13 AMP motor
- 13 Gal
- Tool free adjustment
Greenworks 10 Amp 16-inch Corded Mower
If you're looking to ditch your old gas-powered lawn mower and switch to a more eco-friendly option, the Greenworks 10A lawn mower is an excellent choice. This lightweight mower is designed with ease of use in mind, making it a convenient option for any homeowner. One of its most notable features is the adjustable height, which allows you to mow all types of grass quickly. With this mower, you'll never have to pull a cord or mix oil into your gas tank again, saving you time and hassle. By opting for this electric lawn mower, you can do your part in reducing your carbon footprint while still maintaining a beautiful and healthy lawn. Overall, the Greenworks 10A lawn mower is a fantastic investment for anyone looking for a reliable and environmentally-friendly lawn care solution.
- Large 7" rear wheels
- Cord retainer for neat storage
- 5 Position adjustment
- Height adjustment could be more precise
- 10 AMP
- 16" Deck
- Push button start
BLACK+DECKER Electric Lawn Mower
The Black + Decker corded electric lawn mower offers a hassle-free lawn care experience, requiring nothing more than a standard outlet to power up and start mowing. Thanks to its sturdy wheels, this mower effortlessly navigates all types of terrain without any concerns about getting stuck or stalled during use. Additionally, the mower's generous clipping bag capacity makes cleaning up a breeze, giving you more time to enjoy your neatly manicured lawn. Whether you're a seasoned pro or a first-time user, this electric lawn mower provides a simple and efficient solution for maintaining a pristine lawn without any of the hassle associated with traditional gas-powered mowers. So, if you're in the market for a reliable and user-friendly lawn mower, look no further than the Black + Decker corded electric lawn mower.
- Handle bar style grip for comfort
- 6 Different cutting heights
- Bag is on the small side
- 10 AMP
- 15" Inch cutting width
- Push button start
LawnMaster Corded Electric Lawn Mower
If you're searching for a top-performing electric lawnmower, the LawnMaster is an excellent option that's worth considering. Unlike battery-operated mowers that can run out of power mid-mow, the LawnMaster's corded design ensures it's always ready to go when you are. Its instant start-up feature saves you time and frustration, allowing you to get your lawn work done quickly and efficiently. The mower's low-profile design also makes it effortless to cut around trees and bushes without damaging any surrounding foliage. Additionally, the LawnMaster's lightweight build makes it easy to maneuver around your lawn, reducing any strain or discomfort during use. Overall, the LawnMaster is a reliable and user-friendly electric lawnmower that's sure to keep your lawn looking its best.
- Extra lightweight
- 6 Height levels
- Cord retainer
- Wheels could be larger
- 12 AMP
- 18" Inch cutting width
- Weighs 35 LBS
Greenworks 12 Amp Electric Corded Lawn Mower
For those seeking a straightforward and efficient lawn care solution, the Greenworks Corded Lawn Mower is an excellent option that's worth considering. This user-friendly mower is designed with simplicity in mind, allowing you to spend less time on yard work and more time enjoying your free time. Its 20-inch cutting deck makes it an ideal choice for small yards with flat terrain, providing a precise and even cut every time. The best part is, you won't have to worry about gas or oil either - just plug it in and start mowing! With this corded electric lawn mower, you'll enjoy a quiet and environmentally friendly mowing experience that's both hassle-free and reliable. So, if you're looking for an effortless lawn care solution that saves you time and energy, the Greenworks Corded Lawn Mower is a perfect choice.
- Push button start
- No maintenance
- 7 Cutting positions
- Must use 12 Gauge 50' foot cord
- 12 AMP
- 20" Inch steel deck
- 56 Pounds
CRAFTSMAN Electric Lawn Mower, 20-Inch, Corded, 13-Ah
Craftsman offers an eco-friendly solution to maintain a pristine lawn with ease. Whether you prefer to bag or mulch your clippings, their corded electric lawn mowers provide versatility to suit your needs. With this range of mowers, it doesn't matter if you have a small yard or a large property, Craftsman has the option to suit everyone's needs. You'll enjoy a quieter and environmentally friendly mowing experience without the hassle of gas or oil. And with the ability to choose between bagging and mulching modes, you can keep your garden beds free from clippings or use them as a natural fertilizer to keep your lawn looking lush and healthy. In summary, Craftsman offers a range of user-friendly and sustainable lawn mowers that cater to every lawn care need, making it a reliable choice for any environmentally conscious homeowner.
- Easy adjust height
- Foldable handle for storage
- Single lever adjustment
- Handle bar is uncomfortable to hold for long periods
- 13 AMP
- 20" Inch deck
- Easy fold handle
There are several reputable brands that offer high-quality corded electric lawn mowers. Here are some of the top brands:
- Greenworks: Greenworks is a well-known brand that offers a wide range of corded electric lawn mowers, including both push and self-propelled models. Their mowers are known for their durability, performance, and eco-friendliness.
- Sun Joe: Sun Joe is another popular brand that offers a variety of corded electric lawn mowers, as well as other outdoor power tools. Their mowers are known for their lightweight design, ease of use, and affordable price points.
- BLACK+DECKER: BLACK+DECKER is a trusted brand that offers a range of corded electric lawn mowers, from basic push mowers to more advanced self-propelled models. Their mowers are known for their reliability, performance, and versatility.
- WORX: WORX is a leading brand that offers a variety of corded electric lawn mowers, as well as other outdoor power tools. Their mowers are known for their innovative features, such as adjustable cutting widths and height adjustments, as well as their ease of use.
- Earthwise: Earthwise is a brand that specializes in eco-friendly lawn mowers and outdoor power tools. Their corded electric lawn mowers are known for their low noise levels, energy efficiency, and ease of use.
Overall, these top brands offer a range of high-quality corded electric lawn mowers to suit a variety of needs and preferences. When choosing a brand, consider the features, price points, and customer reviews to find the best fit for you.
Cheap vs Expensive
When it comes to corded electric lawn mowers, there can be a significant difference in price between cheaper and more expensive models. Here are some factors to consider when deciding whether to invest in a more expensive model or opt for a cheaper option:
- Features: More expensive corded electric lawn mowers often come with more advanced features, such as larger cutting decks, higher-quality blades, and more powerful motors. Cheaper models may have fewer features or be more basic in design.
- Durability: More expensive corded electric lawn mowers are often built with higher-quality materials and components, which can result in greater durability and longer-lasting performance. Cheaper models may have a shorter lifespan or require more frequent repairs.
- Performance: More expensive corded electric lawn mowers may offer better overall performance, such as faster cutting speeds or more efficient grass collection. Cheaper models may struggle with tougher or thicker grass, leading to a less satisfactory mowing experience.
- Brand reputation: More expensive corded electric lawn mowers may be manufactured by well-known and reputable brands, which can offer greater peace of mind when it comes to quality and reliability. Cheaper models may be manufactured by lesser-known or less established brands, which can come with a greater risk of performance issues or defects.
Ultimately, the decision to invest in a more expensive corded electric lawn mower will depend on your budget and specific needs. If you have a small lawn and don’t require advanced features, a cheaper model may suffice. However, if you have a larger lawn or require more advanced features and performance, a more expensive model may be worth the investment over the long term.
Care and Maintenance
Proper care and maintenance of your corded electric lawn mower can help extend its lifespan and ensure optimal performance. Here are some tips for caring for and maintaining your corded electric lawn mower:
- Clean your mower after each use: After each use, clean your corded electric lawn mower by removing any grass clippings, dirt, or debris that has accumulated on the mower deck, blades, and wheels. To avoid electric shock, ensure that the mower is unplugged from the power source before cleaning. Use a brush or cloth to remove debris, and if necessary, use a hose to rinse off the mower. Ensure that the mower is completely dry before using or storing it.
- Check and sharpen the blades regularly: Check the blades of your corded electric lawn mower regularly to ensure that they are sharp and not damaged. Dull or damaged blades can cause a poor cut and put unnecessary stress on the motor. If the blades are dull, sharpen them using a file or a sharpening stone. If the blades are damaged or bent, replace them with new ones.
- Store your mower properly: When not in use, store your corded electric lawn mower in a dry and covered area, such as a garage or shed. This can help protect it from the elements and prevent damage or rust. Ensure that the mower is unplugged from the power source before storing it.
- Replace worn or damaged parts: Inspect your corded electric lawn mower regularly for worn or damaged parts, such as belts, wheels, or handles. Replace any worn or damaged parts promptly to prevent further damage and ensure the safety of the operator.
By following these care and maintenance tips, you can help ensure that your corded electric lawn mower lasts for many years and performs optimally throughout its lifespan.
Tips and Tricks
Here are some tips and tricks for using a corded electric lawn mower:
- Choose the right extension cord: When using a corded electric lawn mower, it’s important to choose an extension cord that is compatible with the mower’s power rating. Check the mower’s manual for the recommended cord gauge and length, and use a cord that is heavy-duty and grounded to avoid electrical hazards.
- Mow at the right height: Adjust the cutting height of your mower to the appropriate level for your grass type and season. Cutting too short can damage the grass and make it more susceptible to disease, while cutting too long can result in a less attractive lawn.
- Mow in different directions: To promote even growth and prevent matting, alternate the direction in which you mow your lawn each time you mow.
- Keep the blades sharp: A sharp blade will provide a cleaner cut and promote a healthier lawn. Check the blades regularly for dullness or damage, and sharpen them as needed.
- Don’t mow wet grass: Avoid mowing wet grass, as this can cause clumping and uneven cutting. Wait until the grass is dry before mowing.
- Use a bag or mulching attachment: Use a bag or mulching attachment to collect grass clippings or mulch them back into the lawn. This can help promote a healthier lawn and reduce the need for additional fertilization.
- Keep the mower clean: Clean the mower after each use to prevent buildup of dirt and debris, and ensure optimal performance.
By following these tips and tricks, you can get the most out of your corded electric lawn mower and maintain a healthy and attractive lawn.
Alternatives to Corded Electric Lawn Mowers
If you’re considering alternatives to corded electric lawn mowers, here are a few options:
- Battery-Powered Lawn Mowers: Battery-powered mowers are similar to corded electric mowers, but they run on rechargeable batteries instead of being plugged into an outlet. They are generally less powerful than gas mowers or corded electric mowers, but they are more portable and convenient.
- Gas-Powered Lawn Mowers: Gas-powered mowers are typically more powerful than electric mowers, and they are ideal for larger lawns or tougher cutting conditions. However, they require more maintenance and can be more expensive to operate than electric mowers.
- Manual Push Lawn Mowers: Manual push mowers are non-motorized mowers that rely on the user’s pushing power to spin the blades. They are quiet, eco-friendly, and inexpensive to operate, but they are generally not as effective on tough or tall grass.
- Robotic Lawn Mowers: Robotic lawn mowers are an advanced type of mower that uses GPS technology to map and mow your lawn automatically. They are typically the most expensive option, but they offer the convenience of hands-free lawn care.
When choosing an alternative to a corded electric lawn mower, consider the size and terrain of your lawn, your budget, and your personal preferences. Each type of mower has its own advantages and disadvantages, so choose the one that best suits your needs.
Benefits of Corded Electric Lawn Mowers
There are several benefits to using a corded electric lawn mower:
- Environmentally Friendly: Corded electric lawn mowers produce zero emissions and have a smaller carbon footprint than gas-powered mowers, making them a more eco-friendly option for lawn care.
- Quiet Operation: Electric mowers operate much more quietly than gas mowers, which is especially beneficial for those who live in quiet neighborhoods or have noise restrictions.
- Easy to Use: Electric mowers are generally lightweight and easy to maneuver, making them ideal for those who may struggle with heavier gas mowers.
- Low Maintenance: Corded electric mowers require minimal maintenance compared to gas mowers, as they have fewer moving parts and no gas or oil to change.
- Cost-Effective: Electric mowers are generally less expensive to operate than gas mowers, as they do not require gas or oil and have lower maintenance costs over time.
- Safe to Use: Electric mowers do not emit harmful fumes and do not require the use of flammable liquids, making them safer to operate than gas mowers.
Overall, corded electric lawn mowers are a convenient, eco-friendly, and cost-effective option for lawn care that offer several benefits over traditional gas mowers.