Escape into the great outdoors and experience the best camping in Pennsylvania. From the starry skies of Cherry Springs State Park to the cascading waterfalls of Ricketts Glen State Park, the state offers a plethora of camping destinations to satisfy every nature lover. Whether you prefer serene lakeside retreats like French Creek State Park or thrilling whitewater adventures in Ohiopyle State Park, Pennsylvania has it all. Explore the unique geological formations of Hickory Run State Park, get lost in the ancient forests of Cook Forest State Park, or immerse yourself in the pristine beauty of Laurel Hill State Park. And don’t forget the vast wilderness of Allegheny National Forest, where endless outdoor adventures await. Whatever your camping preferences, Pennsylvania is sure to provide an unforgettable experience surrounded by nature’s splendor.
Cherry Springs State Park
Nestled in the heart of Pennsylvania, Cherry Springs State Park is a camping paradise that offers an unparalleled stargazing experience. Known as one of the best spots on the East Coast for observing the night sky, this captivating campsite immerses visitors in a breathtaking celestial display. With its tranquil surroundings and clear, dark skies, Cherry Springs State Park invites campers to reconnect with nature and witness the wonders of the universe above.
Reasons to Camp in Cherry Springs State Park:
- Unmatched Stargazing Experience: Cherry Springs State Park is renowned for its exceptionally dark skies, making it a prime location for stargazing. Witness a dazzling display of stars, constellations, and even the Milky Way like you’ve never seen before.
- Astrophotography Opportunities: With its low light pollution and clear skies, Cherry Springs State Park provides a perfect setting for capturing stunning astrophotography. Capture breathtaking shots of celestial objects and create lasting memories of your camping adventure.
- Peaceful and Serene Environment: Escape from the noise and chaos of city life as you immerse yourself in the tranquil surroundings of Cherry Springs State Park. The campground offers a serene and peaceful atmosphere, allowing you to relax, unwind, and connect with nature.
- Nature Exploration: Apart from stargazing, the park offers various hiking trails that lead you through beautiful forests and scenic landscapes. Explore the rich biodiversity, observe wildlife, and enjoy the sights and sounds of nature during your camping experience.
- Educational Programs and Events: Cherry Springs State Park hosts educational programs, workshops, and stargazing events throughout the year. Engage in interactive learning, attend astronomy presentations, and participate in night sky observation programs led by knowledgeable park rangers.
Ricketts Glen State Park
Discover a camping haven like no other at Ricketts Glen State Park in Pennsylvania. Nestled amidst picturesque landscapes, this remarkable campsite is renowned for its awe-inspiring waterfalls. Immerse yourself in the serenity of nature as you traverse the scenic hiking trails that wind their way through the park’s lush forests. With each step, be captivated by the captivating beauty of Ricketts Glen’s cascades, creating an unforgettable camping experience that will leave you in awe of Mother Nature’s wonders.
Reasons to Camp in Ricketts Glen State Park:
- Breathtaking Waterfalls: Ricketts Glen State Park is famous for its stunning waterfalls, with 22 cascades to explore along the Falls Trail. Experience the awe-inspiring beauty of these natural wonders as you hike through the park’s enchanting landscapes.
- Scenic Hiking Trails: The park offers a network of scenic hiking trails, allowing you to immerse yourself in the beauty of nature. From gentle walks to more challenging hikes, there are options for all skill levels, offering breathtaking views and tranquil surroundings.
- Photography Opportunities: Capture stunning photographs of the park’s majestic waterfalls, lush forests, and diverse wildlife. Ricketts Glen State Park provides ample opportunities for photography enthusiasts to capture the beauty of nature from unique perspectives.
- Camping in Nature’s Serenity: Set up your campsite amidst the serene surroundings of Ricketts Glen State Park and enjoy the peaceful ambiance. Fall asleep to the soothing sounds of nearby waterfalls and wake up to the melodies of birdsong, embracing the tranquility of the great outdoors.
- Outdoor Adventures: Beyond hiking and camping, the park offers a range of outdoor activities, including fishing, boating, and swimming in Lake Jean. Spend your days exploring the park’s natural wonders and indulging in thrilling adventures that will create lasting memories.
Ohiopyle State Park
Discover a camping paradise like no other at Ohiopyle State Park in Pennsylvania’s breathtaking Laurel Highlands. This remarkable campsite invites outdoor enthusiasts to embark on a journey filled with exhilarating adventures and serene natural beauty. From the adrenaline rush of whitewater rafting and kayaking to the tranquility of scenic hiking trails and breathtaking waterfalls, Ohiopyle State Park offers a diverse range of experiences for every nature lover
Reasons to Camp in Ohiopyle State Park:
- Thrilling Whitewater Adventures: Ohiopyle State Park is renowned for its thrilling whitewater rafting and kayaking opportunities. Experience the rush of navigating the rapids of the Youghiogheny River for an unforgettable adventure on the water.
- Scenic Hiking and Biking Trails: Explore a network of picturesque hiking and biking trails that wind through Ohiopyle State Park. Discover breathtaking vistas, lush forests, and serene waterfalls as you immerse yourself in the natural beauty of the park.
- Spectacular Waterfalls: Witness the mesmerizing beauty of Ohiopyle’s waterfalls, including the iconic Ohiopyle Falls. Stand in awe as you marvel at the cascading water and capture stunning photographs of these natural wonders.
- Abundance of Outdoor Activities: From fishing and swimming to rock climbing and horseback riding, Ohiopyle State Park offers a wide range of outdoor activities to suit every interest and skill level. There’s never a dull moment in this adventure-filled destination.
- Scenic Beauty and Relaxation: Camp amidst the tranquil surroundings of Ohiopyle State Park and soak in the scenic beauty that surrounds you. Reconnect with nature, unwind by the campfire, and enjoy the serenity that comes with being immersed in such a remarkable outdoor setting.
Worlds End State Park
Escape to the enchanting beauty of Worlds End State Park in Pennsylvania. This captivating campsite is nestled in the heart of nature, offering a serene and picturesque retreat. Immerse yourself in the park’s lush forests, tranquil streams, and breathtaking vistas. Whether you’re hiking along scenic trails, fishing in the crystal-clear waters, or simply relaxing in the peaceful ambiance, Worlds End State Park promises a memorable camping experience surrounded by natural splendor.
Reasons to Camp in Worlds End State Park:
- Spectacular Natural Beauty: Worlds End State Park is a haven of stunning natural beauty. From its towering cliffs and lush forests to its picturesque streams and waterfalls, the park offers a breathtaking backdrop for your camping adventure.
- Tranquil Camping Experience: Escape the hustle and bustle of daily life as you immerse yourself in the tranquility of Worlds End State Park. The peaceful ambiance allows for relaxation, rejuvenation, and a deep connection with nature.
- Hiking Trails for All Levels: Explore a network of scenic hiking trails that cater to all skill levels. Whether you’re a casual hiker or a seasoned trekker, Worlds End State Park has trails that lead you through diverse landscapes and reward you with stunning views.
- Fishing and Water Activities: Cast your line into the park’s pristine streams and enjoy fishing for trout and other species. Additionally, the Loyalsock Creek offers opportunities for kayaking, canoeing, and tubing, providing water-based adventures for all ages.
- Wildlife Watching and Photography: Encounter a variety of wildlife as you venture through the park. From white-tailed deer to black bears, Worlds End State Park is home to diverse species. Capture stunning photographs and embrace the opportunity to observe wildlife in their natural habitat.
French Creek State Park
Discover the natural splendor of French Creek State Park, a hidden gem nestled in the heart of Pennsylvania. This captivating campsite offers a blend of breathtaking landscapes, rich biodiversity, and outdoor adventures. Immerse yourself in the park’s expansive woodlands, tranquil lakes, and scenic trails. Whether you’re camping, hiking, fishing, or simply enjoying the serenity of nature, French Creek State Park promises an unforgettable experience for outdoor enthusiasts and nature lovers alike.
Reasons to Camp in French Creek State Park:
- Abundant Outdoor Activities: French Creek State Park offers a wide range of outdoor activities, including hiking, fishing, boating, swimming, and horseback riding. With so many options, there’s something for everyone to enjoy and create lasting memories.
- Scenic Beauty: Immerse yourself in the park’s stunning natural beauty, from its lush woodlands to serene lakes and picturesque trails. The park’s diverse landscapes provide a captivating backdrop for camping and exploration.
- Rich Biodiversity: French Creek State Park is known for its diverse flora and fauna. Nature enthusiasts will have the opportunity to spot a variety of wildlife species and explore the park’s ecological wonders.
- Tranquil Camping Experience: Escape the hustle and bustle of city life and immerse yourself in the tranquility of French Creek State Park. Camping in this serene environment allows you to unwind, relax, and rejuvenate amidst nature’s embrace.
- Family-Friendly Atmosphere: French Creek State Park caters to families, providing a safe and welcoming environment for children of all ages. Engage in outdoor adventures together, create lifelong memories, and foster a love for nature in the younger generation.
Promised Land State Park
Escape to the tranquility of Promised Land State Park, a captivating campsite nestled in the scenic Pocono Mountains of Pennsylvania. This enchanting destination offers a picturesque retreat surrounded by lush forests, serene lakes, and breathtaking natural beauty. Immerse yourself in outdoor adventures such as hiking, fishing, boating, and wildlife watching. Whether seeking relaxation or exploration, Promised Land State Park promises an unforgettable camping experience in the heart of nature’s sanctuary.
Reasons to Camp in Promised Land State Park:
- Spectacular Lakeside Camping: Promised Land State Park is renowned for its lakeside camping opportunities. Set up your campsite near the crystal-clear waters and wake up to stunning views every morning.
- Abundance of Outdoor Activities: From hiking and biking to fishing and boating, Promised Land State Park offers a wide range of outdoor activities for all interests. Explore the park’s extensive trail network or enjoy water-based adventures on the lakes.
- Scenic Beauty and Wildlife: Immerse yourself in the park’s scenic beauty, including lush forests, rolling hills, and serene lakes. Keep an eye out for the diverse wildlife that inhabits the area, from deer and birds to occasional black bear sightings.
- Peaceful and Relaxing Atmosphere: Escape the hustle and bustle of everyday life and embrace the tranquility of Promised Land State Park. Enjoy the peaceful ambiance, unwind by the campfire, and let the sounds of nature soothe your soul.
- Family-Friendly Destination: Promised Land State Park caters to families, offering a range of amenities and activities suitable for all ages. Create lasting memories with your loved ones as you bond over outdoor adventures and quality time spent in nature.
Hickory Run State Park
Embark on a remarkable camping adventure at Hickory Run State Park, nestled in the scenic Pocono Mountains of Pennsylvania. This captivating campsite offers a blend of natural wonders and outdoor activities. Explore the park’s diverse landscapes, from rugged boulder fields to tranquil streams and lush forests. Engage in hiking, fishing, swimming, and wildlife watching, or simply unwind amidst the serenity of nature’s embrace. Hickory Run State Park promises an unforgettable camping experience surrounded by beauty and tranquility.
Reasons to Camp in Hickory Run State Park:
- Breathtaking Natural Landscapes: Hickory Run State Park is renowned for its stunning natural landscapes, including the iconic Boulder Field. Explore the park’s diverse terrain, from wooded trails to cascading waterfalls, and immerse yourself in the beauty of nature.
- Outdoor Adventures: With a plethora of outdoor activities available, Hickory Run State Park offers something for everyone. Enjoy hiking, fishing, swimming, and picnicking in the park’s scenic surroundings, providing endless opportunities for outdoor adventures.
- Tranquil Camping Experience: Escape the noise and stress of everyday life and embrace the tranquility of Hickory Run State Park. Camping in this serene environment allows you to unwind, relax, and reconnect with nature.
- Abundance of Wildlife: Hickory Run State Park is home to a diverse array of wildlife. Nature enthusiasts will have the opportunity to spot various species, from white-tailed deer and black bears to colorful birds and elusive reptiles.
- Family-Friendly Atmosphere: Hickory Run State Park is an ideal destination for families. Engage in activities together, such as hiking the family-friendly trails or enjoying a leisurely swim in the park’s designated swimming areas, creating cherished memories in a family-friendly environment.
Cook Forest State Park
Experience the enchanting beauty of Cook Forest State Park, a pristine wilderness nestled in northwestern Pennsylvania. This captivating campsite is renowned for its ancient and towering trees, including the famous “Forest Cathedral.” Immerse yourself in the serenity of nature as you explore the park’s scenic trails, go fishing in the Clarion River, and witness the breathtaking vistas. Camp in this natural haven and discover the tranquility and majesty of Cook Forest State Park.
Reasons to Camp in Cook Forest State Park:
- Ancient Forest Beauty: Cook Forest State Park is home to one of the last remaining old-growth forests in the northeastern United States. Experience the awe-inspiring beauty of towering trees, some of which are over 300 years old, creating a magical and serene atmosphere.
- Scenic Hiking Trails: Explore a network of scenic hiking trails that wind through the park’s lush woodlands, offering breathtaking views and opportunities to connect with nature. From short and leisurely walks to more challenging treks, there is a trail suitable for every level of hiker.
- Clarion River Recreation: Campers at Cook Forest State Park can enjoy the tranquil beauty of the Clarion River. Embark on a canoeing or kayaking adventure, cast your fishing line, or simply relax by the riverbank and take in the peaceful ambiance.
- Outdoor Recreational Activities: Engage in a variety of outdoor activities, including swimming, birdwatching, wildlife photography, and picnicking. The park provides ample opportunities to immerse yourself in nature and create unforgettable memories.
- Peaceful Camping Experience: Camp in the midst of nature’s tranquility, surrounded by the sounds of chirping birds, rustling leaves, and flowing rivers. Cook Forest State Park offers peaceful campsites that allow you to unwind, stargaze, and reconnect with the natural world.
Laurel Hill State Park
Discover the enchantment of Laurel Hill State Park, an idyllic campsite nestled in the captivating Laurel Highlands of Pennsylvania. This natural haven invites you to embark on a memorable outdoor adventure surrounded by pristine forests, shimmering lakes, and awe-inspiring vistas. Unplug from the chaos of everyday life and immerse yourself in the tranquility of this picturesque destination. Whether you seek thrilling hikes, tranquil fishing spots, or peaceful moments by the campfire, Laurel Hill State Park offers a perfect escape into nature’s embrace.
Reasons to Camp in Laurel Hill State Park:
- Scenic Natural Beauty: Laurel Hill State Park is renowned for its stunning natural beauty, with picturesque forests, rolling hills, and pristine lakes that provide a breathtaking backdrop for your camping adventure.
- Abundance of Outdoor Activities: Whether you enjoy hiking, fishing, boating, or wildlife watching, Laurel Hill State Park offers a wide range of outdoor activities to suit every interest and skill level.
- Tranquil Camping Experience: Escape the hustle and bustle of daily life and find solace in the peaceful surroundings of Laurel Hill State Park. Campers can enjoy a serene and relaxing atmosphere, perfect for unwinding and reconnecting with nature.
- Rich Cultural History: Immerse yourself in the rich cultural history of the region. Explore historical sites, such as the restored Laurel Hill Grist Mill, and learn about the park’s significance in the region’s past.
- Scenic Trails and Overlooks: Lace up your hiking boots and explore the park’s scenic trails, leading you through stunning landscapes and rewarding you with breathtaking overlooks. Capture panoramic views of the surrounding hills and valleys, creating unforgettable memories.
Allegheny National Forest
Experience the untamed beauty of Allegheny National Forest, a captivating campsite nestled in the heart of Pennsylvania’s wilderness. Immerse yourself in the serenity of towering trees, tranquil streams, and expansive vistas. Whether you seek thrilling outdoor adventures like hiking, fishing, or wildlife watching, or simply yearn for a peaceful retreat surrounded by nature’s splendor, Allegheny National Forest offers an unforgettable camping experience in a pristine and unspoiled environment.
Reasons to Camp in Allegheny National Forest:
- Spectacular Natural Beauty: Allegheny National Forest is renowned for its breathtaking landscapes, including lush forests, sparkling lakes, and winding rivers that create a picturesque backdrop for your camping adventure.
- Abundance of Outdoor Activities: Whether you enjoy hiking, fishing, boating, biking, or wildlife watching, Allegheny National Forest offers a plethora of outdoor activities to cater to every interest and skill level.
- Tranquil Wilderness Setting: Escape the noise and stress of city life and immerse yourself in the tranquility of nature. Campers can enjoy the peacefulness and solitude of Allegheny National Forest, providing a much-needed break from the hectic pace of everyday life.
- Scenic Trails and Scenic Drives: Explore the park’s extensive trail system, meandering through majestic forests and leading to stunning viewpoints. Additionally, the forest boasts scenic drives, allowing you to admire the beauty of the surroundings from the comfort of your vehicle.
- Rich Wildlife and Birdwatching Opportunities: Encounter diverse wildlife species, including white-tailed deer, black bears, and a variety of bird species. Allegheny National Forest offers excellent opportunities for birdwatching and wildlife observation, allowing you to connect with the natural world.
Meet Cheri, a nature enthusiast who cherishes the simple joys of walking, hiking, and the comfort of glamping. With a background in e-commerce, she initially delved into the world of sports and outdoor equipment by selling products on Amazon. Today, she enjoys the freedom of blogging, sharing her expertise to help you pick the best of the best for your next outdoor adventure.